Show Your Face And Connect – 5 Reasons To Do That Dreaded Photoshoot!
As a marketer and UX designer, how many times have I heard the comments “I don’t look good in front of a camera”? Well, here’s the news – 99% of people feel the same way! Well, almost…
Start Building Trust
Many business owners dread the thought of showing their face on their website. However, business owners need to understand that their audience is looking to trust you as a business.
We at Burning Fruit have performed hundreds of user experience studies across the world, and in 90% of studies users prefer to see the business owners in order to form an emotional virtual bond with them and their reasoning is simple. If a business owner shows themselves, no matter how small or big the business is, it contributes significantly to the validity, trustworthiness and credibility of the business.
How Can I Show My Face?
Quite simply there are two and a half ways of showing your face:
- Video – video is becoming more and more popular with users. Shoot a promo video of your business with the face of the business narrating, and this will grab you bags of credibility
- Photo shoot – don’t go boring with a standard photoshoot – think outside the box, make it fun and build personality or create a cinemagraph (a fixed photo with a moving background) of your surroundings for maximum interest and engagement
- Caricature – half a point! This depends on your site and whether it fits in with the look and feel of your design
By adding personal introductory videos to our Burning Fruit website, several prospects have commended us on this feature in particular.
Top 5 Reasons To Show Your Face
If you are still not convinced, here are the top 5 reasons why you need to show your face.
- Familiarity – Your visitors will build immediate trust with you if they have met you, and then see you on your website
- Transparency – Build trust and transparency with your audience. Prospects want to know who they are dealing with and you are proud to associate your face with your company
- Emotional – A connection is facilitated before you even meet
- Trust – It puts a face to a name when contacting through your website, and it shows there are real people behind the business
- Competitors – Many of your competitors will not do this and do not build trust with their audience
People Buy People
As the old saying goes…
“People Buy People”
It is as true today as it has ever been.